- Fast & flat, this course was voted the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World
- Ideal if it’s your first marathon or you are looking for a PB
- The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, behind only London.
Starting on Potterrow in the grounds of one of the oldest Universities in the world, this incredible city centre start takes you through the very heart of Edinburgh. As you pass Greyfriars Bobby on your left, you also take in the National Museum of Scotland. You then run past the Scottish National Gallery and into Princes Street Gardens, with the iconic Edinburgh Castle as your backdrop. The route then takes in the ‘Gothic Rocket’, as it meanders down the historic Royal Mile, heading towards and past the Scottish Parliament building. Here you can look up and take in the spectacular Arthurs Seat & Salisbury Crags, as well as the Palace of Holyrood, before departing the Royal Park towards the coast. As you reach Musselburgh, you’ll run past the oldest golf course in the world, on the flat to Gosford House. As you turn and head back along the coast, you’ll see the beautiful finish line ahead.
However you get a place, we promise all runners loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF running top to wear with pride on the day
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- New online interactive Training Zone
- Regular team e-newsletters
- Cheer points along the route to spur you on!
Download a fundraising pack
Will your friends and family be coming to cheer you on? Let us know and we'll provide them with all the banners and balloons they need to stand out on the sidelines!
Order a Cheer Pack
Why run for Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.